BWA network to support city surveillance in Moscow
A-TEL, Russia Sector: La seguridad / la Videoobservación
The company “Nasha set” or “Our network” (under the trade mark A-TEL), is one of the providers of telecommunication services for the “Safe City” programme.
Project realization date - 2012
The company "Nasha set” or “Our network” (under the trade mark A-TEL), is one of the providers of telecommunication services for the "Safe City" programme.
Implemented by the Government of Moscow, A-TEL provides a system of urban public CCTV, main high-speed links and “last mile” connectivity to transmit signals from a large number of cameras, overlooking the streets.
To develop this integrated project, A-TEL turned to SPC Dateline – a highly respected telecom infrastructure solutions provider. Given the specific nature of the project – an urban environment with a large number of connection points, over a large coverage area - Dateline suggested the use of InfiNet’s InfiLINK 2x2 solution of high-speed backbone channels (Point-to-Point) and the InfiMAN 2x2 base stations and terminals (Point-to-Multipoint).
The main challenge of this project was a complex electromagnetic environment with a high density of radio coverage and the absence of reliable data on the spectrum workload.
The regular transmission of radio signals would lead to a significant increase of traffic on the input network, so it was decided that InfiNet’s automatic frequency selection mode would be the best solution.
Thanks to the ease and speed of deployment of InfiNet’s solutions, A-TEL was able to deploy and secure its network quickly under the requirements laid out by the Moscow Government’s Department of Information Technology.
- High capacity to enable the transmission of surveillance footage
- A large number of connection points across a vast area
- Equipment that could operate in conditions with strong interference and on a crowded spectrum
- InfiLINK 2x2 for the main channels
- InfiMAN 2x2 for the ‘last mile’ connection
- Fast deployment of the network
- Low capital and operating costs
- Reliable connections in all weather conditions
- Centralised monitoring and management